Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Web 2.O Tools and kids

Anything with bright colours my kids and I enjoy! Last night before bed I let them play around with Glitter Graphics Text Generator, they had a ball.

There has been alot of discussion on OZTLnet about the use of Web 2.0 tools such as blogs, wikis, Twitter and Facebook because of the amount of Cyber-bullying. I am well cautioned with my own kids and will only let them online with me viewing every step. Security with passwords and not revealing too much personal information seems to be the key.
I have noticed particularly on Facebook how much information teenagers these days give out to everyone about themselves and the photos that they are willing to share with others. It is quite alarming. I really don't believe that they are aware of the dangers out there and this needs to be addressed when teaching online skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment