Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wow, Castle Towers

I took my children yesterday to Castle Towers to see Ice Age 3.
Wow, is all I can say!
The children were fascinated when we exited the lift from the carpark to find an Interactive Map and began quickly typing in names of stores that they wished to go to before I had even worked out what this thing was. They were fascinated at watching the map move between levels then when we sat down for lunch there was a Multimedia Television playing. I noticed that my kids took every new technology presented in the Shopping Complex as just another part of life that was well worth exploring.
And yes, Of course they had to watch the movie in 3D to gain the "full effect" as my 7 year old son said.
So I have decided that this is the goal I wish to achieve when I become a TL. When the students come into my library I want them to be excited and willing to try and use all of the resources available to them with this same passion. I want my Library to be warm, welcoming, exciting and interactive with all the resources possible to meet the user needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment