Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A reflection on ETL503

I was over - joyed to receive back my 2nd Assignment from ETL 503. I have learned many things.

Firstly, I have got a buzz out of finding and experimenting with new digital resources. I can see how these form such a valuable part of any collection. I experimented with the live chat today from the CSU Library, it was great. A guy called Ian was very helpful and what usually would have taken a long phone call just took minutes. I also set up another wiki for my pathfinder for one of my subjects for the up and coming Semester.
Tonight I have just finished looking up different uses for Twitter from an Academic point of view. One article I found listed 17 different ways to use Twitter.

Secondly,I now understand why selection and deselection are so crucial to the Librarian's role. I still have to learn how to word what the collection excludes.

I can't wait to present my Collection Management Policy to the school where my children attend and know that it will be a useful Professional tool. It's exciting and I hope that they can use it.

I believe reading and interacting in the Forums is now crucial in this course. It was from reading other people's posts that I gained a clearer understanding of what was required in this Assignment. I also loved the podcasts, being an aural learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment