Sunday, April 22, 2012

My new Bible

A couple of days ago I purchased a new Bible.
Why? You may well ask, when I have numerous around the house already and even have 3 versions of the Bible on my Iphone. My eyesight is not as good as it use to be and I now have a Bible in Giant print that I can read even without glasses! Yeah! (For all of you who wear glasses for reading, you will know what I mean.) Reading this Bible for the first time without glasses was like when I first had my Cataract Operations and I could see the leaves on the trees in the distance for the very first time. It is like I'm looking at the Bible for the very first time! Anyway, I have just read Matthew Chapter 18 "The Temple Tax" v.24-27. It's just amazing! Jesus tells Peter to go fishing in the lake by throwing out a line and within the first catch's mouth he will find the Tax money (a four -drachma coin). Wow, I have never heard or read this story before! My eyes are being opened for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment